$8M for man who was served a glass of cleaning agent instead of beer in Vegas
He should have ordered a dirty martini.
A middle-school teacher was awarded $8 million by a Sin City jury after he was served a glass of cleaning agent rather than the Honey Blonde ale he’d requested.
Lawyers for Lon Enwright said staffers at Barley’s Casino & Brewing Co. in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson knew the bar’s lines were being cleaned at the time their 38-year-old client was served his toxic brew in December 2018.
Jurors were told the chemical cocktail caused Enwright — who previously worked as a wine steward — to lose his sense of taste. It is also said to have put him at higher risk of cancer. He claimed to have gone into convulsions after ingesting the glass of chemicals.
Enwright, who has stomach and esophageal ulcers, too, was awarded the seven-figure payday for what his attorney termed Friday a “loss of enjoyment of life.”
His legal team said Station Casinos, which operates Barley’s, had offered $300,000 in damages.