Powerball numbers 9/18/23: $638.9 million jackpot up for grabs
The winning numbers have been drawn for Monday night’s whopping $638.9 million Powerball jackpot.
Here are Monday’s winning numbers: 42, 26, 2, 21, 40 with a Powerball of 9.
Watch Powerball drawings every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night at 10:59 p.m. ET right here!
The Powerball jackpot has rolled over since the July 19 drawing when a ticket in California won a prize worth $1.08 billion, the third-largest Powerball jackpot ever won.
Since then, there have been 24 consecutive Powerball drawings without a jackpot winner.
The current jackpot run has produced nearly 16 million winning tickets across the country, including 25 tickets that have won $1 million prizes and eight tickets that have won $2 million prizes.
The overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.9. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
Jackpot winners can either take the money as an immediate cash lump sum or in 30 annual payments over 29 years. Both advertised prize options do not include federal and jurisdictional taxes.
All winning tickets must be redeemed in the jurisdiction in which they are sold.
Here is a look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.58 billion, Mega Millions, Aug. 8, 2023 (one ticket, from Florida)
4. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
5. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2023 (one ticket from Maine)
6. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
7. $1.08 billion, Powerball, July 19, 2023 (one ticket, from California)
8. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
9. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
10. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)