2 hurt in Brooklyn fire sparked by lithium-ion batteries at illegal repair shop
Two people were injured in a fire sparked by lithium-ion batteries inside a home in Brooklyn on Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out on the third floor of the home on 57th Street just before 8:30 a.m.
Fire Marshals say there was an illegal e-bike/e-scooter repair shop operating at that location.
FDNY Fire Marshals determined the all-hands fire at 2022 57th Street in Brooklyn this am was caused by lithium-ion batteries. The fire was on the 3rd fl of a 3-story residence. Fire Marshals say there was an illegal e-bike/e-scooter repair shop operating at that location. pic.twitter.com/AZpKzveEOK
— FDNY (@FDNY) December 6, 2023
Two people were injured and taken to the burn center at Staten Island University Hospital.
The FDNY says one victim suffered serious injuries and another was critically injured.