2 hurt in Brooklyn fire sparked by lithium-ion batteries at illegal repair shop

Two people were injured in a fire sparked by lithium-ion batteries inside a home in Brooklyn on Wednesday morning.

The fire broke out on the third floor of the home on 57th Street just before 8:30 a.m.

Fire Marshals say there was an illegal e-bike/e-scooter repair shop operating at that location.

Two people were injured and taken to the burn center at Staten Island University Hospital.

The FDNY says one victim suffered serious injuries and another was critically injured.

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.